Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Recharging

I hope everyone is having a wonderful summer. Gary and I are just back from an amazing trip to Canada and Alaska where we celebrated our 20th anniversary. We took our Mini HP (I fully intended to post while on our trip) with us but only checked email once the entire time we were gone. Someone posted about achieving balance with technology and it really is important.

I am beginning my 33rd year in education. One of the best things about being an educator is that no 2 years are the same. As a career educator, education truly is a lifestyle, not just a job. As such, it doesn't leave us even while on vacation - I'm always looking for something that will enrich my lessons. This year, I bought some things that I will use in a display and took photos that I can also use (for instance, while the movie Twilight was mostly filmed in Oregon, some filming was done in Vancouver and our guide pointed this out - these pictures will also go into a display that I will be putting up as soon as Talk Like a Pirate Day is over).

Here is a picture of the Vancouver Public Library. They had a contest to determine the design.




Please share some of your photos on your blog if you have not yet done so.






No comments:

Post a Comment